Guest Blogger Madison Parker knows her stuff when it comes to home security. Evidently she knows a thing or two about fictitious booty-kicking chicks, too. Check out her Top 10 badass-bestie wish list:
Who needs a watch dog, advanced alarm system, or partner with a baseball bat when you’ve got cold steel by your side? Having a gun and knowing how to use it isn’t the only way to protect your home, but it does help.
Even better, though, might be recruiting a film heroine to take care of business for you. Here are 10 girls with guns from the big screen that we’d love to have protecting our homes:
1. Nikita from Nikita. This junkie-turned-assassin
doesn’t take any guff, not even from Victor: The
2. Rebecca from Tank Girl. Not only can she sling lead
with the best, she also demonstrates her intellectual
acumen in trading barbs with her arch-nemesis.
3. Maria from Killing Time. This British film focuses on
yet another assassin. This one would be especially
great to have on staff for home security. She defeats
an entire string of men sent to kill her — all from her
single hotel room.
4. Lara Croft from Lara Croft: Tomb Raider. I’ll admit it: I’m more of a Jen fan than
an Angelina fan. However, you’ve gotta love the gun-toting archeologists.
5. Alice from Resident Evil. OK, so maybe she’s a little unbalanced. Who wouldn’t
be? But her zombie-killing credentials are indisputable.
6. Sever from Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever. OK, so, sure it’s considered the worst
movie of all time over at Rotten Tomatoes. Still, Lucy Liu is nails with a gun. Plus,
it’s got Antonio Banderas.
7. Selene from Underworld. Who needs fangs when you’ve got silver shuriken and
8. Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill, Volume 1 and 2. Sure, she rocks the Hanzo sword,
but she’s also an expert markswoman.
9. Trinity from The Matrix. Trinity’s best line from the trilogy: “Touch me and that
hand will never touch anything again.”
10. Cherry Darling from Planet Terror. Losing a leg sucks, but if you can replace it
with a modified M4 Carbine with a M203 grenade launcher attachment, it’s almost
Pick one of these ladies as your BFF and you won’t need to worry about calling Brinks
Madison Parker is an expert writer on subjects related to home security systems. Read more on her blog HomeSecuritySystems.net.